'Reduce excise duty on MUVs'
Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director & COO, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, says the current excise duty of 27 per cent on .multi-utility vehicles is very high.
Last Updated: February 27, 2013 | 18:38 IST
The budget should:
- Promote infrastructure development through clear policy statements backed by incentives for speedy implementation
- Lower interest rates further for a faster impact and boost consumer sentiment further
- Reduce excise duty, especially on MUVs (multi-utility vehicles). The current level of 27 per cent is way too high
- Speed up implementation of the HV/EV (hybrid vehicle/electric vehicle) policy and enable manufacturers to import and manufacture these vehicles in India.
- Incentivise customers and increase domestic demand
(Sandeep Singh is Deputy Managing Director & COO of Toyota Kirloskar Motor)