Business Today's Shamni Pande spoke to Sanjeev Duggal, CEO and Director, Centum Learning on his expectations from the July 10 Budget.
FULL COVERAGE:Modi government's first budget
1. Programmes such as MNREGA should support small-scale industries/jobs where small-town youth can get skilled and join to continue staying closer to their homes. Money should be spent logically to create jobs and feed into other industries in rural areas to make the scheme more sustainable.
2. Quick approval of projects should be made mandatory to swiftly execute work orders. Feasible and practical models should be set up to integrate private-public partnerships to make it simpler for newer companies to foray into the skill development industry.
3. Should invest in developing entrepreneurial skills among workforce and in building the value chain with forward and backward integration to enable youth to become self-employable and our economy self-sufficient.
4. Corporate taxes need to be shrunk with immediate effect in order to allow more plough back of investments.
5. More allocation towards standardized certification to benefit both industry and youth.
6. The government should invest to improve the standards of its polytechnics by improving standard of management and give incentives to industry to play an active role in the same.
As told to Shamni Pande