Delhi Metro's eight-year run
1. October 1998 Construction of Delhi Metro begins.
Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
2. December 2002 Delhi Metro inaugurated by Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
3. July 2009 An accident at a construction site kills six people, injures 15
4. April 2010 Delhi Metro carries a million passengers in a single day for the first time
Delhi Metro's Managing Director E. Sreedharan
5. December 2010 Delhi Metro completes eight years. Managing Director E. Sreedharan's term extended by a year.-T.V. Mahalingam