Clearly, the battle lines between the RBI and the government are drawn. The pressure is on the RBI to soften its so called rigid stance to find a way out.
The government expects to garner at least Rs 5,000 crore through share buyback offers of state-run companies, including Coal India, in the current fiscal.
Petrol price Sunday was cut by 20 paise a litre and diesel by 18 paise, the 29th straight daily reduction in rates that has wiped away all of the massive price increase in petrol witnessed in two months since mid-August.
The present government, Panagariya said, has made a huge progress in implementing reforms including some difficult structural ones such as the GST and IBC that previous governments had difficulty in introducing.
- Flipkart appoints Smriti Singh as chief HR officer
- PM Modi 'concerned' who is Congress chief; will he now talk about demonetisation, Rafale deal: Chidambaram
- US lawmakers introduce legislation to protect work authorisation of H-1B spouses
- Thugs of Hindostan Box Office collection Day 9: Aamir Khan-starrer continues to lose steam in its second week
- BSE to part ways with S&P Dow Jones; plans to develop its own indices
- Sensex, Nifty close higher for 2nd session on strong fund inflows, firm rupee
- Jet Airways stock closes 8.07% higher amid reports of Tata Sons board meet to discuss takeover of ailing carrier
- Foreign investors log highest ever outflows from Indian market in October
Paytm Canada has emerged as the number one finance application on both Google Play Store and Apple's App Store in the month of November
- Xiaomi is the leader of the pack in India with market share of 27.3% in Q3
- Not just strangers, people from own social circle can bully online, finds survey
- Now, save contacts without phone numbers, thanks to WhatsApp's QR code!
- Google launches Night Sight for Pixel 3, 3XL
- WhatsApp selects 20 research teams to fight fake news globally
- All you need to know about OnePlus 6T's Nightscape mode that'll enhance your low-light photos
- Why equity-linked saving schemes make more sense than regular equity funds
- How to get your money back if you fall victim to online fraud
- How to book JioPhone? Should you do it online or visit a Jio store
- Are IPOs an attractive investment in today's scenario?
- EPFO mulls crediting ETF units to PF accounts