In FY16, the FDI inflow was $55.56 billion. The next year the FDI growth slowed to 8.38 per cent, clocking in $60.22 billion. In FY18, the total FDI inflow was $60.97 billion with the growth dropping further to 1.24 per cent.
The new governor said that the autonomy of the central bank would be preserved, along with constructive dialogue.
The move follows a promise made by Congress president Rahul Gandhi during the poll campaign in MP.
Rajan further said that the three biggest problems for the Indian economy currently are the agrarian distress, the ailing power sector and the crisis in the banking system.
- Kamal Nath takes oath as Madhya Pradesh CM; Congress displays show of strength
- Sensex gains over 300 points, Nifty closes above 10,850; metal, oil and gas stocks rally
- PM Modi announces $1.4 billion financial assistance to Maldives
- NTPC stock closes higher on purchase of thermal power station, release of draft tariff norms
Big tech companies want to show social benefits of AI technologies
- Here's how you can delete yourself from the internet
- Apple faces lawsuit over alleged false screen size of iPhone X, pixel count claims
- Patent application filed by women entrepreneurs to get faster clearance: DIPP proposal
- Lost your phone? Here's how you can recover WhatsApp account
- Realme U1 3GB RAM variant goes on open sale on Amazon India from today
- What to expect from AI in 2019
- Why equity-linked saving schemes make more sense than regular equity funds
- How to get your money back if you fall victim to online fraud
- How to book JioPhone? Should you do it online or visit a Jio store
- Are IPOs an attractive investment in today's scenario?
- EPFO mulls crediting ETF units to PF accounts