The Modi government has proposed that the RBI board draft regulations that will enable it to set up committees to monitor tasks such as financial stability, monetary policy transmission and foreign exchange management.
Showering praise on Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia, who retires on November 30, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Saturday said he was a no-nonsense civil servant who performed his job with professionalism.
The investment follows comments from finance minister Arun Jaitley last week that Visa and rival Mastercard were losing market share to domestic payments networks.
According to industry sources, Singh is expected to join Flipkart in December, and will work closely with Flipkart CEO Kalyan Krishnamurthy.
In an election rally in Chhattisgarh on Friday, Modi had asked the Congress to make a Congressman, from outside the Nehru-Gandhi family, president of the party for five years.
- Govt plans to sell shares worth $2 billion in ONGC, OIL, IOC
- Govt says there's proposal to pay employers for extended maternity benefit from budget
- Currency in circulation shot up by Rs 50,000 cr during Diwali as Indians withdrew more cash
- ICICI vs Axis Bank vs PNB: Which bank offers best fixed deposit rates after revision?
- Jet Airways stock closes 8.07% higher amid reports of Tata Sons board meet to discuss takeover of ailing carrier
- Foreign investors log highest ever outflows from Indian market in October
- YES Bank stock closes 7.14% lower after OP Bhatt resigns from CEO search panel
- Reliance Industries pips TCS in market capitalisation, stock closes 2.79% higher
Paytm Canada has emerged as the number one finance application on both Google Play Store and Apple's App Store in the month of November
- Xiaomi is the leader of the pack in India with market share of 27.3% in Q3
- Not just strangers, people from own social circle can bully online, finds survey
- Now, save contacts without phone numbers, thanks to WhatsApp's QR code!
- Google launches Night Sight for Pixel 3, 3XL
- WhatsApp selects 20 research teams to fight fake news globally
- All you need to know about OnePlus 6T's Nightscape mode that'll enhance your low-light photos
- Why equity-linked saving schemes make more sense than regular equity funds
- How to get your money back if you fall victim to online fraud
- How to book JioPhone? Should you do it online or visit a Jio store
- Are IPOs an attractive investment in today's scenario?
- EPFO mulls crediting ETF units to PF accounts