The refinery officials' plan to cut imports illustrates that rising crude prices and emerging market currency weakness may start causing oil demand to decline in a number of markets that have so far seen healthy crude consumption.
Brent crude, the international oil benchmark, jumped 2.6 per cent on Monday, its highest since 2014, after Saudi Arabia-led OPEC and Russia stopped short of pledging to boost crude output ahead of US sanctions on Iran.
As of June, retail balances in Maharashtra were the highest at Rs 5,50,200 crore, representing nearly 20 percent of all the retail advances in the country.
- Aviation stocks fall as brent crude price crosses $80 per barrel
- Sensex loses over 500 points, Nifty falls below 11K level; auto, banking stocks lead losses
- Dewan Housing Finance stock recovers in early trade after FM Jaitley, SBI, RBI, Sebi seek to pacify investors
- No reason for panic in housing finance companies, experts say
HMD Global has revealed the pricing of Nokia 5.1 Plus, the younger sibling to Nokia 6.1 Plus. Both devices were launched last month but the company had decided to hold off the sale of Nokia 5.1 Plus until September.
- Motorola One Power launched in India at Rs 15,999; features, availability
- Nokia 5.1 Plus price to be revealed today via Flipkart
- Paytm tests facial recognition technology; customers may be able to pay with a smile
- Motorola One Power to launch in India today; to compete with Xiaomi Mi A2, Nokia 6.1 Plus
- WhatsApp takes key measure to curb fake news; appoints grievance officer for India
- Google may be tracking your offline purchases with Mastercard's help
- Why equity-linked saving schemes make more sense than regular equity funds
- How to get your money back if you fall victim to online fraud
- How to book JioPhone? Should you do it online or visit a Jio store
- Are IPOs an attractive investment in today's scenario?
- EPFO mulls crediting ETF units to PF accounts
From The Magazine
After the rupee plunged to new lows against the dollar, having depreciated to close to 73, the government has finally acted by announcing a slew of measures to prop up the currency.