- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- REBRAIN OR ROT
- THE RISE OF BITCOIN
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
In its 28th meeting, the GST Council rationalised tax rates on consumer electronics among other items, while exempting sanitary napkins and small handicraft items from the ambit of the unified indirect tax regime.
HDFC Bank saw its net profit grow by 18.2 per cent year-on-year to Rs 4,601.44 crore in the first quarter of the ongoing financial year, meeting expectations. Asset quality saw marginal changes with Gross NPA ratio at 1.3 per cent.
Rahul Gandhi while speaking in the Parliament during no-confidence motion had said that the Congress wanted to bring petrol and diesel under a single-rate GST. Currently, crude oil, natural gas, diesel, petrol and aviation turbine fuel are out of the new taxation system.
The introduction of the new Rs 100 notes comes at a time when the industry still has not completed the recalibration of all ATMs to dispense the newly introduced Rs 200 notes.
In its report for year ending March 2017, the CAG has found that the flexi-fare system in premium trains led to increase in passenger earnings but the number of travellers during September 9, 2016 to July 31, 2017 came down by over six lakhs when compared to the corresponding period in 2015-2016.
- Reliance Jio fastest in 4G download speed, Airtel on second spot, says TRAI data
- Punjab farmers' policy may suggest governance reforms
- Dhadak box office collections Day 1: Janhvi Kapoor, Ishaan Khatter film may earn over Rs 6 crore
- 'Kya hua tera vada': Congress releases spoof video featuring PM Modi, slams him over Rs 15 lakh promise
By its very nature, fake news can't be controlled with a top-down approach that Facebook and WhatsApp are trying to adopt. Instead, it needs a bottoms-up approach. It needs to be crowd-tackled.
- Samsung, Xiaomi account for over 60% of total shipments in India in Q2 2018: Canalys
- Duolingo launches Hindi language course for English speakers
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 6 for mobile devices, to survive multiple drops
- Nokia 3.1 with Android One, 13MP camera launched in India: Price, availability, specifications
- Vivo launches NEX in India, to sell via Amazon; price, launch offers, specifications
- Xiaomi launches Mi Max 3 with 6.9-inch screen, Snapdragon 636, dual camera
- Why equity-linked saving schemes make more sense than regular equity funds
- How to get your money back if you fall victim to online fraud
- How to book JioPhone? Should you do it online or visit a Jio store
- Are IPOs an attractive investment in today's scenario?
- EPFO mulls crediting ETF units to PF accounts