Private carrier SpiceJet has become India's first airline to offer COVID-19 hospitalisation insurance cover to its flyers.
Under this first-of-its-kind initiative, passengers can avail of the medical insurance cover by paying a minimum premium of Rs 443, the airline said on Wednesday.
The Gurugram-based carrier has collaborated with Go Digit General Insurance Limited to offer this cover. The insurance cover ranges from Rs 50,000 to Rs 3 lakh at a premium of Rs 443 to Rs 1,564 a year (including GST).
It covers hospital expenses as well as all pre and post hospitalisation expenses for 30 and 60 days, respectively.
The comprehensive insurance cover also includes tests, covers, consultations, and medication upon testing positive for COVID-19.
"Passengers can opt for the insurance cover ranging between Rs 50,000 to Rs 3,00,000 at a premium for as low as Rs 443 to Rs 1,564 a year (including GST)," SpiceJet said in a press release.
"The insurance covers hospital expenses and all pre and post hospitalisation expenses for 30 and 60 days respectively. The comprehensive cover includes tests, medication, and consultations upon testing positive for COVID-19," it added.
The policy will be valid for one year from the date of issuance and covers all government, private, and military hospitals. It also ensures a zero-touch process to avail the claim.
How can I avail of the insurance cover?
- In order to avail of the insurance cover, you can visit the official website of SpiceJet, click on the 'Insurance cover for COVID-19' option on the homepage.
- From there you will be redirected to Go Digit General Insurance Limited's page
- Select from three coverages offered- 'Coverage of Rs 3 lakh per member', 'Coverage of Rs 1.5 lakh per member', and 'Coverage of Rs 50,000 per member'.
- You can choose the option of your choice and fill out other details to avail of the insurance cover
- Flyers will have the option of insuring themselves and/or their spouses and children as well.