Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on August 30 launched the scheme for online booking of new LPG connection. Pradhan said the online booking facility will end the problems customers face in physically going to gas agencies for a new connection. "I compliment the public sector oil marketing companies for aligning their business processes with the Digital India Vision," the minister said.
Under the scheme, citizens of select cities will be able to register for a new connection, book cylinders, track booking and delivery dates, choose a distributor and also track Aadhaar-linking status.
Here is all you need to know:
- Called 'Sahaj', the scheme can be availed of at the government's MyLPG.in portal, accessible via phones, tablets or desktops.
- Existing LPG users also have the option to create a profile on the website and order cyclinders online.
- You will have to fill the KYC form giving proof of address and details of close relative. Consumers already using LPG from IOC,BPC or HPC have to mention their gas consumer number.
- Within 48 hours of application of a new connection, the system will verify the details provided in the KYC form. It will track the nearest dealer and send it the customer ID via email or message. Once the dealer receives the ID, you can make the online payment. The agency will deliver the regulator, cylinder and rubber pipe in the next 3-4 days.
- The entire process is expected to take up to a week.
- For new users who do not have a stove, the website also offers the option of purchasing it online.