Prime Minister Narendra Modi today inaugurates a research centre at yoga guru Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar during a day-long visit to Uttarkhand.
Earlier today, Modi began the trip with his arrival in Dehradun where Uttarakhand Governor KK Paul and Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat welcomed him.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi with Baba Ramdev at Patanjali Research Institute,Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar pic.twitter.com/essbp5Ga6s— ANI (@ANI_news) May 3, 2017
He later visited the Kedarnath Temple, which opened after a six-month long break, and offered prayers.
- 1:12 PM: PM Modi invokes fomer Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, says a new health policy has come out, which covers various aspects of good health and wellness.
- 1:15 PM: Little kids were also became soldiers of my Swachh India Mission: PM Narendra Modi
- 1:14 PM: I want people of this country to take cleanliness pledge, says Prime Minsiter Narendra Modi
- 1:12 PM: By promoting yoga, Ramdev is serving the nation: PM Modi
- 1:11 PM: By promoting yoga, Ramdev is serving the nation: PM Modi
भारत सरकार नई स्वास्थ्य नीति लेकर आई और अब हम preventive healthcare पर बल दे रहे हैं और इसके लिए सबसे महत्त्वपूर्ण है - स्वच्छता : PM— PMO India (@PMOIndia) May 3, 2017
- 1:09 PM: I can say it confidently, we will not ignore or forget the heritage that we have been historically proud of: PM Modi
- 1:06 PM:Ramdev has surprised me, says PM Modi
- 1:03 PM: I have complete faith in the blessings of the people of India. They are a source of energy: PM Modi
- 1:00 PM: I feel fortunate to be with all of you like a family member: PM Modi
- 12:56 PM: I don't trust myself as much as I do trust the people of these country, says PM Narendra Modi
- 12:52 PM : Uttarakhand: Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaking at inauguration of Patanjali Research Institute at Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar
- 12:50 PM: We have decided to mark this International Day of Yoga in Gujarat's Ahmedabad;will go all over the country to make Yoga popular: Baba Ramdev
- 12:48 PM: People want me to fall down, I won't: Baba Ramdev
- 12:43 PM: People have spread the rumour of my death on social media, says Baba Ramdev
Uttarakhand: PM Modi inaugurated Patanjali Research Institute at Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar pic.twitter.com/GveTKTu7zp— ANI (@ANI_news) May 3, 2017
- 12:41 PM: India is transforming under Prime Minister Narendra Modi, says Ramdev
- 12:39 PM: Baba Ramdev anoints PM Narendra Modi as "Rashtriya-Rishi'
- 12:38 PM: PM Narendra Modi has made India proud, says Baba Ramdev
- 12:35 PM: Baba Ramdev is speaking at the inauguration of Patanjali Research Institute at Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar
- 12:24 PM: PM Modi reaches Ramdev's Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar
- 12:10 PM: PM Modi inaugurates a research centre at Ramdev's Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar
"Tomorrow I will be visiting Dev Bhoomi Uttarakhand. I will begin my Uttarakhand visit by praying at the Kedarnath Temple," the Prime Minister had tweeted yesterday. Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat had reviewed security arrangements in the shrine ahead of the visit.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Kedarnath temple in Uttarakhand, gifted a miniature replica of the temple. pic.twitter.com/BJo32gbBA5— ANI (@ANI_news) May 3, 2017
Later in the day, Modi is scheduled to reach the holy city of Haridwar where he will inaugurate a research institute at Patanjai's Yogpeeth. The centre will conduct screening and research works on pre-clinical toxicology, drug standardisation, drug screening, drug safety, pharmacology, chronic diseases study.
Patanjali Research Institute, will be India's first organization in India to conduct clinical trials as per international standards in the field of Ayurved.