Though there is not a single business news story which can be termed less important, here are five developments that you must know today.
- BHEL reports 52% fall in Q4 net profit Standalone net sales of the public sector undertaking (PSU) declined by 16 per cent to Rs 12,368.43 crore in the January-March quarter of the last fiscal against Rs 14,754.89 crore in the same quarter of 2013-14 fiscal.
- Sony launches Xperia M4 Aqua at Rs 24,999 Referred as a mid-segment smartphone, the biggest USP of the M4 Aqua is its water- and dust-resistant body. The M4 Aqua is an IP 65 and IP 68 certified smartphone, which means it can be submerged in up to 1.5 metres of water for up to 30 minutes.
- Biyani's FMCG ambition may need more than just acquisitions Future Group CEO Kishore Biyani likes to compare his FMCG business with that of ITC, which has a presence in both food and personal care. However, in terms of growth he hopes to be double of ITC's current revenue in just five years.
- PNB waives processing fee on housing, car loans till Dec Punjab National Bank (PNB) has launched monsoon bonanza offer in which the bank is offering full waiver of upfront or processing fees and documentation charges on all housing and car loans.
- Vodafone India planning to launch IPO next year: Report The company has appointed NM Rothschild as its consultant to work on roadmap and the paperwork for the public offering will be completed by the end of ongoing financial year, as per reports.