Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, on Thursday, will unveil the second tranche of stimulus 2.0. at 4 pm. Today's announcement will encompass the agriculture sector. Sitharaman will also touch upon the supply chain disruption and ways to resolve the issues.
In her yesterday's media briefing, the finance minister announced a slew of measures under the Rs 20 lakh crore Atma Nirbhar Bharat economic stimulus package announced by PM Modi in the wake of coronavirus-induced lockdown.
Some of yesterday's key announcements were:
- Rs 3 lakh crore emergency working capital facility for businesses, including MSMEs
- Rs 20,000 crore subordinate debt for stressed MSMEs
- Rs 50,000 crore equity infusion through MSME Fund of Funds
- A new definition for MSMEs
- No global tenders for govt procurement worth up to Rs 200 crore to promote MSMEs
- Extention of EPF support for business organised workers for another 3 months
- Rs 30,000 crore special liquidity scheme for NBFC/HFC/MFIs
- Rs 45,000 crore partial credit guarantee scheme 2.0 for liabilities of NBFCs/MFIs
- Rs 90,000 crore liquidity injection for stressed discoms
- Relief to contractors given by providing an extension of up to 6 months to complete projects
One can watch the live telecast of Nirmala Sitharaman's press conference on India Today and Aaj Tak TV channels. BusinessToday.in will keep you updated with all the details on our live blog.
People can also watch the live stream on the following YouTube channels--India Today LIVE TV, Aaj Tak LIVE TV, PIB India, Bharatiya Janata Party.