The Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government has announced Operation SHIELD in order to fight the spread of coronavirus. SHIELD refers to sealing, home quarantine, isolation and tracing, essential supply, local sanitisation and door-to-door checks.
Operation SHIELD will be implemented on 21 containment zones in Delhi. Arvind Kejriwal urged the residents of these zones to cooperate with the authorities. "I appeal to all living in the containment areas to cooperate with the Delhi govt's Operation SHIELD. These are strict measures but are necessary to protect you and others from COVID-19," he tweeted.
WHAT IS OPERATION SHIELD?
Operation SHIELD is the host of measures announced by the Delhi government to combat coronavirus. The measures are:
- Sealing of the immediate area/surroundings after geographical marking
- Home quarantine of all the people living in the area
- Isolation and tracing of people who have been first and second contacts
- Essential supply of commodities is ensured
- Local sanitisation of the area by authorities
- Door-to-door health checks of everyone living in the area
SEALED AREAS IN DELHI
The Delhi government also announced the sealing of multiple areas across the city. Here's a list of the coronavirus hotspots in Delhi:
- Entire affected street near Gandhi Park, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi
- Entire affected street of Gali No 6, L1 Sangam Vihar, New Delhi.
- Shahajahanabad society, plot no 1, Sector 11, Dwarka.
- Dinpur Village
- Markaz Masjid and Nizamuddin Basti
- Nizamuddin West (G and D block) areas
- B Block Jhangirpuri
- H. No 141 to H. No 180, Gali no. 14, Kalyanpuri Delhi
- Mansara Appartments, Vasundhara Enclave, Delhi
- 3 Galis of Khichirpur including Gali containing H. No. 5/387 Khichirpur Delhi
- Gali No 9, Pandav Nagar, Delhi 110092.
- VarDhaman Appartments, Mayur Vihar, Phase I , Extension, Delhi
- Mayurdhwaj Appartments, I P Extension, Patparganj, Delhi
- Gali No. 4, from H. No. J- 3/115 ( Nagar Dairy) to H. No. J- 3/108 (towards Anar wali Masjid Chowk), Kishan Kunj Extension, Delhi
- Gali No. 4, from H. No J- 3/101 to H. No. J - 3/107 Krishan Kunj Extension Delhi.
- Gali No. 5, A Block ( From H No. A- 176 to A-189), WestVinod NagarDelhi 110092.
- J & K, L and H pockets Dilshad Garden
- G, H, J, Blocks old Seemapuri
- F- 70 to 90 block Dilshad Colony
- Pratap khand, Jhilmil Colony
So far there have been 720 cases in Delhi. Twelve people have died in the capital, while 25 have been cured or discharged, according to Health Ministry data.
Also read: India Coronavirus live updates: 614 active cases, 33 new deaths in 24 hours; country's tally at 5,709
Also read: Coronavirus: ICMR urges containment action in 36 districts, hints community transmission
INDIA CORONAVIRUS TRACKER: BusinessToday.In brings you a daily tracker as coronavirus cases continue to spread. Here is the state-wise data on total cases, fatalities and recoveries in one comprehensive graphic.