- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
In the 10 months of the current fiscal, indirect tax mop up of Rs 5.44 lakh crore was 88 per cent of the full year target. Besides, direct tax collection of Rs 5.22 lakh crore was 65 per cent of target for 2015-16.
As the time to file your income tax returns nears, here are the guidelines you must comply with while e-communicating with the I-T department.
It is that time of the year when people start talking about tax. The same when brokers/agents of financial products are seen readying for the peak season.
Concerned over this, the CBDT, has written to the Income Tax department to pull up its socks and step up the drive for collection of revenue.
Taxpayers had recently reported that they faced issues in using the Digital Signature Certificate at the time of uploading their Income Tax Returns.
Income Tax Department has processed 3.27 crore returns and has issued refunds in 1.81 crore cases during April-December period of this fiscal.
News You Can Use
- Air India hikes domestic ticket cancellation charges by Rs 500
- Odd-even scheme returns to Delhi in April: Kejriwal
- Govt to provide housing in less than Rs 5 lakh: Gadkari
- Govt to link savings deposit terms to market rates
- Railways' make in India: A look at 24-coach train features
- Netflix launches in India, plans start at Rs 500