In the news: AirAsia mega discount from Delhi, HCL Tech, Wipro Q4 and more
Though there is not a single business news story which can be termed
less important, there are some which stand out among those we cover
during a day. Here are the top five of them which we found the most
Though there is not a single business news story which can be termed less important, there are some which stand out among those we cover during a day. Here are the top five of them which we found the most relevant today.
- Gold fails to attract buyers on Akshaya Tritiya Gold prices fell by Rs 100 to close at Rs 27,100 per 10 grams at the bullion market on Tuesday as the auspicious 'Akshaya Tritiya' festival failed to generate any substantial buying activity for the precious metal amid a weak global trend.
- The son rises, but Wipro sees slow growth Wipro Ltd, India's third largest IT exporter, declared its fourth quarter and full year FY15 numbers . Total revenue at $7.5 billion has grown by 8 per cent compared to the previous year, considerably lower than industry average and that of its larger peer TCS, which already has declared its numbers.
- Rich nations' monetary policies threaten stability: FM Jaitley Risks to global financial stability have greatly increased from the accommodative monetary policies of central banks in the major advanced economies, union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has said.
- HCL Tech Q3 net rises 3.6% to Rs 1,683 crore HCL Technologies, IT services firm, on Tuesday reported a 3.6 per cent increase in net profit at Rs 1,683 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2015. "The Noida-based firm had posted a net profit of Rs 1,624 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal", HCL Technologies said in a statement.
- AirAsia offers super-low fares from New Delhi No-frills carrier AirAsia India has announced spreading its wings to the national capital which would serve as its hub for the north India market. The airline would connect New Delhi with Bengaluru, Guwahati and Goa from May 21, AirAsia India said in a release.