- In over a year since Reliance Jio started mobile services with free voice calling and fast data connectivity, the Indian telecom sector has consolidated. Despite just five large operators left, profits have fallen, debt levels have zoomed and government earnings are down.
- Anil Ambani-owned Reliance Communications (RCom) has decided to shut down its 2G business.
- The Centre's recent clarification that it has no plans to reduce the prices of essential drugs is welcome news to the pharmaceutical industry.
- A Kerala based sewing machine dealer was in a fix when post-GST prices of leading brands fell.
- The government is providing a shot in the arm to the wind energy industry, which is battling dipping prices and low demand.
- The 11th Ministerial Conference of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) starts in Buenos Aires in mid-December.
- At the end of last decade, the Godrej Group announced a plan to grow 10 times in 10 years (10X10).
- The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) got a shot in the arm with the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) committing an investment of $1 billion.
- As the government makes massive investments in infrastructure, NITI Aayog is sounding a note of caution.
- As Cuba opens up to the world, especially US, India also sees business opportunities.
- A battle royal is brewing between Coal India (CIL) and power plants over failure to maintain coal stockpiles.
- Will the petrochemicals business of Reliance Industries (RIL) topple its refining business to become the largest earning segment for the company?
- Capital infusion alone wont fix the problems of PSBs
- The Karnataka government has banned pillion riders on two-wheelers with less than 100cc engine capacity to curb accidents.
- How much can companies rely on bots?
Nov 19, 2017
Art Of Pricing Insurance IPOsThe current valuations may not be a good proxy for the future Payments and small finance banks are carving out differentiated strategies for reaching out to the financially underserved. Indian mutual funds have seen a rapid growth in assets, but challenges remain.
Power Of TwoBanks are allowing developers, technology companies and fintech players to plug into their core banking systems to offer new products and services. Chris Anderson is perennially in search of innovative ways to inspire mankind through the TED platform. Current surveys provide a broad employment scenario but miss out on insights required for inclusive policymaking. As digital entertainment platforms in India proliferate, consolidation is on the cards. Quick dose for stress-busting: Stress can be costly. It can contribute to a range of ailments - from heart disease and diabetes to depression. In this hyper-competitive, little-time-at-home, deadline-chasing world, executives cannot avoid stress. Business Today speaks to doctors, health and wellness experts on what you can do about it.
"I will not rest until Levi's is back to its glory days"Levi's was the quintessential dominant American jeans wear brand in the late 1990s. The brand, credited with inventing denim, commanded a premium and the market lapped up whatever it had to offer. Heavy debt fails to deter JSW Group from plans to take over sick assets, large expansions and foray into electric car and paint businesses.
"my abilityto face and learn from failure and move on has helped me a great dealin beingsuccessful"Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chairman and Managing Director of Biocon, tells P.B. Jayakumar about the key lessons she has learnt in business life. Will CEO Satya Nadella's game plan work? NBFCs see the next round of growth coming from rural markets as consumers latch on to financing schemes to buy consumer durables.
The Future Is HereHow companies big and small are creating business models around artificial intelligence. And why it will change businesses forever. Gear up for massive changes in the way you access financial services.
Faceoff With TechApple's signature feature on its new iPhone X, Face ID, has sparked off concerns about privacy and what happens when technology goes all wrong.
Kill Procastination With RewardsPutting it off. The very bane of our existence. You can choose to carry on living with it, or battle. Both paths are difficult, but the first only cascades into more trouble. An assortment of the latest in luxury, from fashion to home decor. NCLT and court orders have cleared the confusion around new bankruptcy laws as first few resolutions get under way. Smartphones to get smarter than ever with dedicated hardware for AI computing in chipsets. Nokia has given us some great camera phones in the past, but the Nokia 8 takes it to the next level. If you are looking for a high capacity portable storage device, Samsung's SSD (solid state drive) T5 is worth considering. Mi Mix 2, the successor to Xiaomi's concept phone launched last year, has a 5.9-inch bezel-less display with 2,160x1,080p resolution that offer great colours on screen.