- If the persistent talk of policy paralysis, high inflation, rating downgrades, financial scams and earnings slowdown is forcing you to defer putting money in Indian equities, it is time to consider investing abroad by buying units of global funds. However, choosing the right fund is the key.
- Fund managers are mutual fund industry's most celebrated figures. However, they work within the rules and processes laid down by the fund house and the mandate of schemes they manage.
- The past one year was a test of character for mutual fund managers. Money Today interviews some of country's finest whose funds are among the Top 10 in their respective categories.
- Consolidation in the mutual fund industry seems inevitable. We weigh the options before you if your mutual fund is taken over by another.
- Money Today brings to you a comprehensive mutual fund scorecard so that you can track the performance of your mutual fund scheme(s).
- A good mutual fund scheme not only outperforms its benchmark when markets are rising but also minimises losses when the chips are down.
- Money Today helps your find out how mutual funds are performing under different categories.
Jun 30, 2012
Money Today-Value Research Lifestage Model Fund Portfolios June 2012The Money Today-Value Research Lifestage Model Fund Portfolios, launched in June 2010, have seen many ups and downs in these two years of investing. However, the SIP strategy in stable sectors has helped the portfolios limit the damages.
Govt rolls back TDS on sale of immovable property, gold jewelleryThe government has rolled back the proposed tax deducted at source levy on sale of immovable properties (other than agricultural land).
Recent rulings from banking, insurance and capital markets sector that can affect youA look at recent rulings from the banking, insurance and capital markets sector that can affect you.
Now, transfer your bank account between branches while retaining account numberDid you recently move from one city to another? Now, you can get your bank account transferred to a nearby branch in the new city while retaining your account number.
Futures market under lens for speculation in agri-commoditiesThe Forward Markets Commission has introduced a staggered delivery option where the seller can deliver certain commodities within 15 days from the fifth day of delivery month starting from June expiry.
Experts seek govt action to revive weak rupee in forex marketThe weakness in the rupee is likely to continue due to strengthening of the dollar against major currencies such as the euro. According to market experts, the government should take some immediate steps to control the fall of rupee against the dollar.
Career tip: How to plan well before going on leaveBeing on leave does not relieve you of your responsibilities. Plan well for an uninterrupted break.
Top lenders for home loans, education loan, car loansAre you scouting for a loan to buy a house, a car or for your child's education? Given below are the best deals on offer from public and private sector lenders.
With no penalty on pre-payment of loan, should you switch banks?In April, RBI asked banks to stop levying foreclosure charges and pre-payment penalties on floating rate home loans. Should you shift to a lender offering a lower rate?
Latest gadget reviews: Apple new iPad, Huawei Honor, Motorola Atrix 2 and moreSam Abraham introduces new products and services to help you zero in on those that offer value for money.
Tips to best manage your money, savings and investmentWhile many people spend most of their time and energy on earning more, they should note that without learning the art of spending they may not be able to create a promising future.
Got a salary hike? Here's how you can replan your investment portfolioIf you have got a pay rise this year, you are among the privileged lot. Make all the more effort to make the best possible use of this additional cash flow. This does not involve just buying a product that will fetch you high returns. The investment must gel with your overall plan.
Stock Watch: Farm commodities could continue dream runFarm commodities that touched record highs this year may continue their dream run.