India, China ink 24 agreements: Here's the list
An MoU has been signed in the field of vocational education and skill development.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi (rear L) and Chinese Premier Li Keqiang (rear R) applaud during a signing ceremony at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing (Photo: Reuters)
India and China on Friday inked 24 agreements after talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Premier Li Keqiang Beijing.
- Protocol on the setting up of consulates-general at Chengdu and Chennai
- Extension of the consulate general of India in Guangzhou to include Jiangxi province.
- MoU in the field of vocational education and skill development;
- An action plan on cooperation in setting up of the Mahatma Gandhi National Institute for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship in Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar in Gujarat;
- MoU on consultative mechanism for cooperation in trade negotiations;
- MoU on cooperation between the ministry of external affairs of India and international department of the central committee of the Communist Party of China;
- Action plan to enhance cooperation in the railway sector (2015-16).
- MoU on education exchange programme.
- MoU on the cooperation in the mining and minerals sector.
- Space Cooperation Outline (2015-2020).
- Protocol on health and safety regulations on importing Indian rapeseed mealMoU between Doordarshan and China Central Television on cooperation in the field of broadcasting.
- Agreement on cooperation in the field of tourism.
- MoU on establishing India-China think-tanks forum.
- MoU between India's Niti Aayog and the Development Research Centre, State Council of China.
- MoU between India's ministry of earth sciences and the China Earthquake Administration for cooperation in earthquake science and earthquake engineering.
- MoU on cooperation in the field of ocean science, ocean technology, climate change, polar science and cryosphere.
- MoU on scientific cooperation between Geological Survey of India, ministry of mines of India and the China Geological Survey, ministry of land and resources of China in geoscience.
- MoU between the ministry of external affairs of India and ministry of foreign affairs of China on establishment of states/provincial leaders' forum.
- Agreement on the establishment of sister-state/province relations between Karnataka and provincial government of Sichuan of China.
- Agreement on establishment of sister-city relations between Chennai and Chongqing of China.
- Agreement on establishment of sister-city relations between Hyderabad and Qingdao of China.
- Agreement on establishment of sister-city relations between Aurangabad and Dunhuang of China.
- MoU between the Indian Council for Cultural Relations and Fudan University on the establishment of a centre for Gandhian and Indian studies.
- MoU between Indian Council for Cultural Relations and Yunnan Minzu University on the establishment of a yoga college.